Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B Janet B is offline

Default Fruitcake

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 13:45:08 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

snip

>I don't make them any more because we don't eat them now, but I used to make
>Christmas cakes and Christmas puddings every three years. Full of alcohol
>they store really well and are much better for it Always better the second
>and third year <g>

I used to make fruitcake and give them Then all the jokes about
fruitcake started going the rounds, so I stopped. Then I made stollen
and wasn't sure about their reception. I no longer make stollen. If
I were to bake for us, I would start springerle and lebkuchen now and
keep it all. I just don't bake sweets anymore (2009 was the last
year) as we don't need the sugar or calories.
Janet US