Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default A simple basic, since we have a new cook here

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > The 5oz cans of both evaporated and condensed milks have disappeared
> > off the shelves here in the last year. I can't find them at HEB,
> > Walmart, or Randalls.

> Looked at the store this morning. They have them here. They are on the
> bottom shelf now like someone mentioned. They used to be more on the
> middle shelves.

That would be me.

> Anyway, 5oz cans of Carnation and Pet evaporated or condensed - $1.19
>
> Then they have the 12oz cans for a much better deal. Store brands for
> $1.00 and $1.25. Brand names for $1.59

Humm!

12 oz nestle Carnation - 57cents
Store brand 5oz, 10/6$

Thats the sales that kicked over this Wed. Normally 88 and 47cents
respectively (I made a typo earlier of 40 cents for the smaller can, it
was 47cents).

Where you shopping Gary? Thats the 3333 Virginia Beach BLVD HT prices.

Not specific store, but Krogers, Lion King? What?