Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Super cheap food

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
could also add 14oz water too but you don't want to do that.

> My only point is...the commercial broth is a rip. Make your own in
> advance, just like you buy the canned or boxed in advanced. Have it
> ready made for when you want to use it.

I have been making a lot recently. I put in plenty chicken bones etc in
the crock pot, add carrots, onions and garlic and leave it running for 2
days. It is so good. I buy whole chickens and I always cut them up. I
don't like to roast whole ones and I take off the breasts and thighs. The
rest gets frozen until I have enough for stock. The house smells heavenly

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/