Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Fruitcake

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:43:53 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>It's that time of year. It is a really crappy fall day here. That makes
>it a good day to spend in the kitchen. It is also the time that we have
>to start working on Christmas fruitcakes. We picked up the ingredients
>for ours on the weekend. I made two batches today. I started one this
>morning and it was done in time for me to get out to the gym for a
>while. I came home, mixed up the second batch and got it into the oven.
>It should be cooked soon. That gives it about 6 weeks to set up in time
>for the holidays.

I made my first batch of fruitcake today. Will probably do the other
batch over the weekend. It should be good by Christmas. I make it
before Thanksgiving since the boys usually come down for Thanksgiving
and would take them home with them. This year they will be here at
Christmas so they can get them then. I'm not mailing them since I
have 4 others that have to be mailed.
--
Susan N.