Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fruitcake

It's that time of year. It is a really crappy fall day here. That makes
it a good day to spend in the kitchen. It is also the time that we have
to start working on Christmas fruitcakes. We picked up the ingredients
for ours on the weekend. I made two batches today. I started one this
morning and it was done in time for me to get out to the gym for a
while. I came home, mixed up the second batch and got it into the oven.
It should be cooked soon. That gives it about 6 weeks to set up in time
for the holidays.