Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] sockmonkeyNH@comcast.net is offline

Default A simple basic, since we have a new cook here

I just tried a new Mac & Cheese restaurant in Manchester, NH called Mr. Mac.. It was really good. There are about 15 or 20 different combos. The one I had was macaroni, Cabot Cheddar cheese, pieces of white meat chicken, and bacon, with a small drizzle of Ranch dressing on the top, which gave it a little tang. It's served in a cast iron frying pan. The place was busy, with lots of people doing takeout. I asked if it was a chain restaurant, but the manager said no, but they'd like to expand eventually. My order was about $8, also available in a larger size (for 2), and a much larger family size. They said their most popular was Buffalo chicken mac and cheese, and Philly steak mac and cheese. Actually, I've never found a Mac and cheese I didn't like.

Denise in NH