Posted to rec.food.cooking
Embudo[_2_] Embudo[_2_] is offline

Default A simple basic, since we have a new cook here

Roy wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 3:55:49 AM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>>> There's nothing fancy with this nor is it intended to be more than a
>>> basic dinner.
>>>
>>> Baked Mac-n-cheese
>>>
>>> 1 16oz box elbow noodles, boiled to al dente (13 minutes here) then
>>> drained
>>>
>>> 2 small cans evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
>>>
>>> 1.5 cups cubed cheese (had a white and about 1/2 cup velveeta)
>>>
>>> Drain pasta and add cheese then milk cans and top with some dehydrated
>>> onions bits and french fried onions.
>>>
>>> I served it with buttermilk rye bread and steamed cabbage with a little
>>> roasted sesame oil.

>> That's not how I make mine at all. And isn't evaporated milk rather
>> expensive? I have not bought any since my kid was a toddler.
>>
>> I just cook the macaroni, make a white sauce and add cheese to it. I do not
>> personally care for Velveeta in mac and cheese. I think it gives it a weird
>> texture.

> I find that just about any cheddar goes with macaroni including the so-called cheese food from Kraft.
> We are just making mac and cheese, not some gourmet dish for Royalty.
> ====

I think you're short-changing the possibilities the

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/reci...nd-cheese.html

Brisket Stuffed Mac and Cheese
Recipe courtesy of Scott Hall, Bone-In Artisan BBQ

Or:

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/article...mac-and-cheese

Barbecue mac and cheese

Yields 8 servings

There's a culinary trend towards making everything simple into something
gourmet. Even mac and cheese, the most basic of comfort foods, has
gotten the all-star treatment and has been turned into legendary fare
like this dish. It has bacon (which is never bad) and a homemade beer
cheese sauce that is actually baked on the grill.

Ingredients:

1 pound elbow macaroni
Salt
Cooking spray, diced