Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Super cheap food

Nancy Young wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > One does not have to live on Ramen.

> I have nothing against it, particularly, but I wouldn't want to live
> on it. Even when I make it (never, anymore), I'd add a handful of
> frozen broccoli florets to make it less ... ramen.

Jill doesn't seem to think "beyond the box." Ramen noodle soup can be
eaten on it's own but doesn't have much nutrition plus lots of salt.
It can be used as a soup base to make some nice soups though. Add in
any available vegetables, use chicken stock rather than water. Once
you enhance this stuff, the nutrition level can go way up and the
sodium count will go down.

Again, think of it as a soup starter, not a finished product.