Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Green Tea Infused Vodka

gtr > wrote:

>I dropped a tablespoon of high-quality sencha into a pint of vodka with
>3 shiso leaves for about five hours. *Failure*.
>
>The thing is: It tastes like sencha put into hot water and left for 15
>minute; bitter, overly tanic, rigid.
>
>I think gyokoro would be a better choice. And I think I'd leave a Tbs
>of it in a quart for about 1 hour. Sweeter tea, less infusing.
>
>The shiso did nothing. I'll do it separately in the future and
>probably cut lots of teensy strips to maximize the shiso bite.

When I made my pot of cabbage soup a few days ago it needed raisins
and fresh lemon juice to make it sweet n' sour. Large Sunkist lemons
being a buck each I hated to waste the squeezed rinds so I put them in
a quart jar with my favorite Crystal Palace vodka and placed it in the
freezer. Two days later: DD-Licious!
Sunkist limes are high too, $2/3.