Arri London

"K. Reece" wrote:

> "Arri London" > wrote in message

> > > cook

> for
> > > the

> your

> treated

> > > I didn't say it *was* perma-pressed. I said it's *treated* to be
> > > perma-pressed, doesn't actually mean it is. Read the bolt ends to be

> sure.
> > > The last time I bought muslin I didn't find a single bolt that wasn't
> > > treated.
> > >
> > > Kathy

> > None of what I have has been treated. If it is *treated* to be
> > permapressed one would think it would *be* permapressed ie, relatively
> > wrinklefree after washing. Otherwise what's the point?
> > Are you buying polycotton muslin rather than 100 percent cotton?

> Do they even make polycotton muslin? I've never seen such a thing. I
> checked the bolt ends of all my muslin, I have several, and only the oldest
> one isn't perma-pressed. The last time I bought muslin I looked for the non
> perma-pressed and didn't find a single one that wasn't. The stuff they sell
> in the quilt store for 4 bucks a yard might not be treated but I'm not
> paying 4 bucks a yard for muslin.
>
> Yes, I use enough muslin to buy whole bolts.
>
> Kathy

I also buy it by the bolt from Wmart or a fabric shop (both for under
one dollar a yard). It isn't perma-pressed. Funny how the availability
differs in different parts of the country. The latest purchase was last
week, so it isn't old.

Yes I've seen polycotton 'muslin' locally, but it costs more than all
cotton and I can't dye it the way cotton dyes. Not to mention it being
useless for cooking purposes