Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Don't Want Survival Food? How about this?

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 3:18:54 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/18/2015 4:50 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 16:35:06 -0400 (EDT), Cheryl
> > > wrote:

> >> read and post.

> > On a little bitty screen!! Not as real computer screen like my HP
> > Pavillion 27xi!! TWENTY SEVEN INCHES, diagonally!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Funny, my two home computers have a 24" and a 27" screen, but 80% of
> what I do is on my 11" Acer netbook. Right now I'm watching TV with my
> wife and I'm sitting back in the recliner with the netbook on my belly.
> I can also lay in bed with the head up and do the same thing with my
> feet under the blanket. Power beds was a great idea. Got them when my
> wife had surgery a couple of years ago. Bedroom has a 40" screen and
> soundbar.

My theory is that people with poor eyesight should be watching movies on small screens instead of big ones. With a small screen, you can put your face right up to the screen and see more than you could with a big screen. The future of TV screens for old folks could be smaller, not larger.