Posted to rec.food.cooking
Embudo Embudo is offline

Default Fish Fingers' 60th Anniversary in the UK (Gdn)

On 10/8/2015 2:43 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>> Automobile repair guys (including me) have been using metric fasteners for decades. Back in the old days, the Japanese cars would use 10, 12, 14, and 16mm bolts. The Italian cars I had would use 13, 15, and 17 mm bolts. The result being that the Italian cars had beefier, more robust, fasteners. I can't say if that's still the case but I always thought that was pretty strange.
>>> > >

>> >This is very interesting to me and something I have noticed before.
>> >
>> >I would guess the Japanese like the numeric efficiency of even numbers.
>> >
>> >The Italians I have never understood.

> You try to find meaning in the things you observe. I do the exact same thing. Hee hee.

Had to revise my answer on this one.

Perhaps the Italians are just serious tractor people. Think of where
Lamborghini came from - a tractor company.

They lull us into all that sexy styling, sumptuous leather, sculpted
curves, etc.

Then you start wrenching and it's like you need a diesel mechanic to
break those bolts!

;-)