Posted to rec.food.cooking
Embudo Embudo is offline

Default Fish Fingers' 60th Anniversary in the UK (Gdn)

wrote:

>>> Do you actually care if it's 70 or 72 F outside?
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Do you think it sounds warmer at roughly 100 degreesF or 35C?

> It doesn't matter how it sounds.

Of course it does, one hears, reads, listens and processes by what is
reported.

Fail.

> I KNOW they're exactly the
> same.

You know _nothing_ of the sort, trust me on that.

>"Feelings" are for little girls.

How un-evolved of you, truly.

You diminish yourself more than you could ever come to accept with
shabby and dismissive rhetoric like that.

Even a 'little girl' can feel the difference between a 3:1 degree
temperature measurement on a hot day.

>> Do you think the gradation between a 70 degree day and one in the 20s
>> expresses with equal granularity that 30 degree temperature spread?

> Yes, because of real numbers.

No, because the SCALE is compressed!

> 30, 30.5, 31, 31.5 (or as arbitrarily
> fine gradations as your instrument will measure).

Cluebat time - they do not report temperature Celsius with decimal point
granularity.

Further, it remains a coarser scale, period, this is not disputable.

>> Catch a clue.
>>
>> By imperious mathematical precision the metric system is a poor way to
>> grade environmental temperature compared to farenheit - period.
>>
>> End of discussion.

> Perhaps you should consider a domain besides the integers.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Perhaps you should admit you went out on a limb and sawed the branch off.

Fail.

For general synoptic daily usage the Fahrenheit scale is far more
expressive than Celsius.

This is an undeniable fact.

Ta.