Posted to rec.food.cooking
Embudo Embudo is offline

Default Fish Fingers' 60th Anniversary in the UK (Gdn)

On 10/8/2015 5:02 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 9:32:03 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

>>> He was probably entirely focused on dodging all the cars that were
>>> driving straight at him.
>>>

>> They say Asians are bad drivers but those guys in the UK are insane!
>>
>> But seriously folks, most Americans wouldn't know if they were going 70
>> MPH or 70 KPH. 70 KPH is a purely abstract term to us. 100 KPH sounds
>> like a terrifying high speed.

> No, it doesn't.

Yes it does.

> It sounds about like 62 mph.

Only if your mind is constantly converting numbers.

> I've sometimes got yahoos doing
> that speed on the road I live on, even though the limit is 45 mph.

Non sequitur.

> In practical terms, you look at the posted speed limit, and keep your
> speedometer at or below that limit. Doesn't matter if it says 100 or 25.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

It matters ALL if you are used to one and not the other.

How many incremental social sacrifices will you make to your metric gods
as we go?

Must we re-write all sporting measurement statistics to satisfy the
globalist beats?

Will Denver be the Mile High City, or the couple of Kilometers high city?

Get real.