Martin Field

"Michael Pronay" > wrote in message
> Chandon Australia and Seppelt decided to take a

revolutionary step
> for their respective top wines.
>
> Take a look at the slip label at the first pic:
>
> <http://www.wineoftheweek.com/murray/0404chandon.html>
>
> M.

Michael - I can't understand why consumers have accepted
cork-tainted wines for so long with such reatraint. If 5%
plus of milk or eggs or meat was tainted there'd be a public
outcry. Here is review I wrote in June of crown sealed
Seppelt bubbly

Martin

Seppelt Show Sparkling Shiraz 1994 $65.

To be released July 1 under a choice of crown seal (like a
beer bottle top.) or cork. This one had the crown seal.
Great Western, Victoria. Aged eight and a half years on
lees. Medium red, purplish foam. Fragrant lifted nose of
blackberries and spice. Creamy mouthfeel, more berries,
beautifully balanced, long delicious aftertaste. I've tasted
these wines back to the '46 vintage - all brilliant. Cellar
to 2024.