Posted to rec.food.cooking
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default Where Have RFC'ers Gone To On Social Media?

On 22/09/2015 7:00 AM, Je�us wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:56:49 -0300, wrote:
>

>> It is that way in the UK too, only it's much cheaper. In NA we have
>> some of the most expensive mobile phone rates, I don't bother having
>> data turned on, can't quite figure why I would prefer a tiny screen to
>> a nice, large one.

> I don't understand it either. It's somewhat ironic that I have IT
> qualifications, and use full sized computers all the time - yet the
> advent of ipads/smart phones/tablets etc. leaves me cold.
>
> I want a full keyboard, mouse and screen thanks.
> And I *don't* want to be connected 24/7 wherever I am, nor do I always
> want to be immediately contactable either. If I had a specific use for
> one for reasons other than the above, then I'd reconsider.

That's because you're running away from the real world. Obviously
decision making processes, like turning your phone off or, perish the
though, ignoring it, are decisions you cannot successfully make. I use
phones, tablets, laptops or desktops, whichever is best suited to my
needs at any given time and I can, and do, ignore them as and when I see
fit.

--

Xeno