Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Where Have RFC'ers Gone To On Social Media?

On 2015-09-21 5:00 PM, Je�us wrote:

> I don't understand it either. It's somewhat ironic that I have IT
> qualifications, and use full sized computers all the time - yet the
> advent of ipads/smart phones/tablets etc. leaves me cold.
>
> I want a full keyboard, mouse and screen thanks.
> And I *don't* want to be connected 24/7 wherever I am, nor do I always
> want to be immediately contactable either. If I had a specific use for
> one for reasons other than the above, then I'd reconsider.

I was alarmed to hear that some companies were moving away from laptops
and desktops because they saw their future in smaller formats like
tablets and smart phones. I figured that everyone already had a lap top
and/or a desk top and were jumping on tablets and iPads as a gimmick. I
bought a tablet for my wife but it was basically as a portable
electronic photo album for her. I use it to play Scrabble. I can't see
it replacing even a laptop.