Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default Where Have RFC'ers Gone To On Social Media?

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 06:14:53 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 16:42:32 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>> >Perhaps not. I've searched for "cooking groups" and such and find a
>> >number that are closed groups; perhaps some of these are the "right
>> >places" but inaccessible. Any clues as to how such groups can be found
>> >are appreciated.

>> Closed groups are no inaccessible. You ask for permission to join.
>>

>Yes, they are my favorite type of group. Totally accessible, but
>conversations can't be snooped on by anyone who hasn't joined. I like
>the ones that are closely moderated, with strict rules to follow and
>have had some very nice exchanges with other members via messaging. I
>don't do group chats, but I imagine it could happen if I was
>interested in that sort of thing.

It's not REALLY secret, only by electronic "permissions". Facebook
admins, the NSA and any marginally competent hacker can or already has
access to it. But the general John Q. Public does not.

John Kuthe...