Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Taco salad shells

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:39:56 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

>On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:11:05 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:06:47 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>> >I am very sorry you think so. You forget these things are unknown to me and
>> >I am interested. If you find it annoying please ignore my posts.

>> Don't sweat the small stuff... there's nothing Mexican about crispy
>> taco shells, it's strictly a relatively recent American invention,
>> that can be filled with anything one dreams up... I don't like them,
>> it's like eating from an edible paper plate.
>> http://www.thekitchn.com/100-america...ispy-ta-154273

>They are great for lazy people who have no ambition to cook real
>food and wash real dishes. I sure wouldn't want to eat them every
>freakin' day...certainly not a treat by any means.

I don't like corn chips either, they are analogious to Pringles...
when I want chips I want real potato chips, not fakes formed from
ground paste. Corn chips are no different from cheese doodles, in
fact nachos made with cheese doodles are far better than those made
with corn chips. Nachos is not Mexican food either, it's TEX-mex...
no self respecting Mexican would eat nachos.