Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Taco salad shells

la casa del destino wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>Janet B wrote:
>>>Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I love learning all this stuff but eating them

>>> I don't recall, do you make chili?
>>> Janet US

>> Chili needn't contain hot pepper, I prefer with very little, guests
>> can add their own.

>Then you're really making bean-laced sloppy joes.

That's probably what you do, add scotch bonnet to canned sloppy joe...
there's absolutely no rule that says chili must be fiery hot. I make
chili often because it's an very easy one pot dish, and freezes well
so I make a lot. I've no desire to send my guests to a proctologist
so I add very little heat but I supply plenty of hot pepper for folks
to add to their individual taste... sounds like you're one of those
control freaks who also salts food for guests to your taste. The only
reason for chili to be prepared fiery hot is to hide the fact that
it's lousy chili made with crappy mystery ingredients... I don't use
preground mystery meat, I grind my own. I've attended a few chili
cook offs, every one made with preground mystery meat. They are
mainly judged on who's is hottest, that's an imbecile's cook off for
who's got the most advanced TIAD. I've prepared chili for lots of
chiliheads, everyone prefered mine to any they've ever eaten before,
and even before they tasted it they said they knew it would be good
just from the aroma and its appearance... you'll find my recipe in the
RFC Cookbook... I prepare chili with beans and without, I prefer with
black beans but sometimes dark red kidney, I never cared for pinto
beans, they've no real flavor and have an off putting slimey texture.
Here's mine, show us yours, if you da
http://i59.tinypic.com/2aeno5.jpg