M&M

On 18-Aug-2004, "Graeme...in London" > wrote:

> "M&M" > wrote in message
> >
> > I'm thanking everybody for all the suggestions. Just sorry that none
> > of them panned out. Suggest caution to anyone using the online
> > booking agencies. They appear to be totally inflexible. My bad. Even
> > so, I'm going to make the trip since it's already paid for. Just sorry
> > that I will miss meeting all the gang. I have met Dave and will enjoy
> > jawing with him again.
> > --
> > M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")
> >

> M&M
>
> Just thought I might have another suggestion, that may be worth a shot.
>
> If you have booked the flights online, you could always dispute the
> transaction with your credit card company and ask them to suspend payment.
> If the travel operator discovers that they are not going to receive payment,
> it might press them to change your booking.
>
> Might be worth a try.
>
> Graeme

Thanks for the tip Graeme. I'm going to check into that first thing in the AM.
I deal with VISA. On the only occasion I ever had to question a charge, their
customer rep was unable to identify the source of the charge and thusly
deleted it on the spot. I don't know much about it, but I think they have some
sort of customer satisfaction policy. Certainly, Travelocity seems very
unreasonable in this instance.

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")