Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Taco salad shells

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "Cheri" wrote
>>>
>>> I suppose that would work if I wanted a bowl shape. I have never
>>> actually
>>> seen a taco salad served in a bowl shaped shell. Always the crown
>>> shape.

>> Isn't a crown shape just a fancier bowl? For family home eating, does
>> it really matter as long as it's cooked right and holds whatever
>> filling?

> Not in my opinion. I like to tuck things like olives into the points of
> the crown shape. When I make things like taco salads, they do look fancy.
> If you had just a bowl shape, I think it would lead to a big, sloppy mess.
> Besides... I already bought the molds. They were super cheap. And I
> intended to use them.

I have the molds too, but have never tried them. I usually make my taco
salads with no shell though, so not much reason to use them. I think I got
them with the last of the rewards on a credit card a few years ago. There is
no sloppy mess with the bowl shape since the bottom of most bowls are flat,
but since you have the molds, might as well use them.

Cheri