Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Taco salad shells

On 9/11/2015 9:02 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 7:20:39 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Why does the exact shape matter? It's a thingy to hold a salad.
>>> An actual bowl would work as well.

>> Like I said to Gary... With the crown shape, you can tuck things in so they
>> don't roll around and fling out. Like olives or little round tomatoes.
>> Besides, I had asked about the molds specifically because that is what I
>> used. I used them because I specifically wanted that shape.
>>
>> I do not much like making salads. I find them to be rather boring. So when
>> I do make them, I go all out. I have gotten compliments from strangers
>> about the way I arrange stuff at a salad bar. And my taco salads are no
>> different. I used to take the ingredients to make them at the dance studio
>> and people there commented that they looked good.

> Fair enough. I don't like taco salads, so the nuances are lost on me.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I believe those taco molds are intended to be used with corn tortillas,
not flour tortillas. Flour tortillas aren't supposed to be crisp nor
are they used in what I've seen called a "taco salad".

She says she doesnt much like making salads. In other threads,
according to her, she practically grazes at the salad bar at the
supermarket. Oh, wait, the supermarket changed hands. Gotta bitch
about that! Olives! Oh boy! I'm pretty sure they don't have taco
shells at the salad bar at the grocery store.

It's just another thing for her to buy and then complain about. Nothing
ever seems to turn out well. Pity party!

Ever notice how when people post about food and recipes that turned out
great she has no comment?

Jill