Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taco salad shells

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message

>> > Over an upside down microwave safe bowl in the microwave works fine
>> > too,
>> > just have to watch them carefully.

>> I suppose that would work if I wanted a bowl shape. I have never
>> actually
>> seen a taco salad served in a bowl shaped shell. Always the crown shape.

> Why does the exact shape matter? It's a thingy to hold a salad.
> An actual bowl would work as well.

Like I said to Gary... With the crown shape, you can tuck things in so they
don't roll around and fling out. Like olives or little round tomatoes.
Besides, I had asked about the molds specifically because that is what I
used. I used them because I specifically wanted that shape.

I do not much like making salads. I find them to be rather boring. So when
I do make them, I go all out. I have gotten compliments from strangers
about the way I arrange stuff at a salad bar. And my taco salads are no
different. I used to take the ingredients to make them at the dance studio
and people there commented that they looked good.

I do remember getting a taco salad at Taco Bell in CA. That was before I
knew of all the crap that they put in their food. I will not eat there now.
I actually can't, but that's beside the point. Now I don't remember what
shape the shell from there was. Perhaps it was a bowl. I just remember
that it was a big mess by the time that I got it home. Nothing but a slop
fest. I wound up giving it to my husband. He did eat a little of it but
even he didn't like it. I had asked for no sour cream and they seemed to
have put extra on there.