Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taco salad shells

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Cheri" wrote
>> > Over an upside down microwave safe bowl in the microwave works fine
>> > too,
>> > just have to watch them carefully.

>> I suppose that would work if I wanted a bowl shape. I have never
>> actually
>> seen a taco salad served in a bowl shaped shell. Always the crown shape.

> Isn't a crown shape just a fancier bowl? For family home eating, does
> it really matter as long as it's cooked right and holds whatever
> filling?

Not in my opinion. I like to tuck things like olives into the points of the
crown shape. When I make things like taco salads, they do look fancy. If
you had just a bowl shape, I think it would lead to a big, sloppy mess.
Besides... I already bought the molds. They were super cheap. And I
intended to use them.