Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Paleo Honey Cake

Here is a recipe for a lower(but far from low) carb honey cake. I wonder
if one could substitute some artificial swetener for part if not all of
the honey . the almond meal with be far less carby than the usual flour
used in these caked. As stis is a traditional jewish Holiday cake it
might be worth doing this and havign just a small piece or tryng to
partially relace the honey. to replace the whole amount woudl probably
require far too many other adjustments.

For my taste and carbs, I would add some powdered ginger andomit the
raisins.

Paleo Honey Cake
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup palm shortening, melted and cooled
4 large eggs
1/2 cup raisins

Grease and "flour" an 8" round pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and
cloves.
In a separate bowl, combine honey, shortening, and eggs.
Mix wet ingredients into dry, then stir in the raisins.
Pour into prepped pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until it tests done with a
toothpick.
Let stand in pan 10 minutes then remove and cool on a rack.

I have NOT tried this cake, so can't give real information.

Wendy