Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Creamsicle ice cream soda

On 9/5/2015 12:51 PM, wrote:
> On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 11:23:35 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> On 9/5/2015 8:48 AM, Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> Haagen-Dazs cost 25 cents per ounce
>>> Turkey Hill cost 5 cent per ounce.
>>>

>> Score is 13 to 6. This is what made me decide to pay a bit more.
>>
>> Turkey Hill
>> Ingredients: MILK, CREAM, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, WHEY, NONFAT MILK,
>> CELLULOSE GEL, CELLULOSE GUM, VANILLA, MONO & DIGLYCERIDES, CARRAGEENAN,
>> VANILLA BEAN.
>>

> Stop! You're making my mouth water. NOT.
>>
>> Hagen Daz
>> cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, ground vanilla beans, vanilla extract

You don't want to eat trees? Its all natural.

http://www.danisco.com/product-range/cellulose-gum/

Natural cellulose for processed foods

Cellulose gum, also called purified CMC, comes from the cell wall of
plants, especially cotton seeds and wood pulp. It adds mouthfeel and
texture, stabilizes proteins, retains moisture and forms oil-resistant
films in a vast array of processed food products.

How our cellulose gum ingredients can help you

Our cellulose gum ingredients can add texture and volume to just about
any food. We use ingredients that are 99.5% pure, and our white to
off-white powders give crystal clear results

http://www.befoodsmart.com/ingredien...lulose-gum.php
Made from plant fibers (cellulose is the main fiber of plants) including
trees and cotton. It is highly water absorbent, cheap and abundant. This
synthetic gum helps to improve shelf life and has a variety of uses. -
See more at:
http://www.befoodsmart.com/ingredien....MRAfAMVM.dpuf

Possible Health Effects
Due to the fibrous nature, may cause flatulence, diarrhea, and cramping.
Is not absorbed by the body. - See more at:
http://www.befoodsmart.com/ingredien....MRAfAMVM.dpuf