Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Steam Canner

On 2015-08-28 20:33:52 +0000, Ross@home said:

> On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:14:43 -0500, George Shirley >
> wrote:
>>>

>> Canner racks are my main problem. For the usual canner rack is made of
>> carbon steel and begins to rust almost immediately. A stainless steel
>> rack costs more than I want to spend.

> Hi George,
>
> Do you use the rack to lift out the jars?
> I'm gettin' too shaky to lift out a whole rack of quart jars in one of
> those flimsy wire racks so a few years ago I bought a flat SS rack
> from the Local Lee Valley Tools store. Use a jar lifter to take out
> the jars one at a time.
> It's this one:
> http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...t=2,2120,33279
>
> Ross.
> Southern Ontario, Canada

Dang, Ross, that's the bees' knees! I like the cross reinforcement. I
wonder if I could set that on top of the rack provided with my new
Victorio asc/bwb canner. Gotta do some measuring.

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013