Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default ping Ian: secret ingredient

"T" > wrote in message ...
> On 08/16/2015 01:55 PM, Ian Field wrote:

>>> Perfect! I read that birds are not affected by hot peppers.
>>> This one I have got to remember!

>> That's what I have been told, but I live in a flat with no garden and no
>> opportunity to try it out.

> Do you have a patio? You could get a tomato in a pot. I have
> found cherry Tomatoes are best for this.
>

>> Someone dumped a sack of potatoes in the bin room that had started to
>> sprout roots - I cast a few along the hedgerow behind the flats to find
>> out whether they take.

> Potatoes are not real good for Diabetics. Does Chayote grow out there?
> (It doesn't here.) It likes to vine all over things. Chayotes are
> Diabetic friendly.

If I had a patio/balcony - I could put a bird table out there.

The sprouting potatoes were just another thing to seed the hedgerow with -
often when I take my rubbish down, I find people have left punnets of fruit
on top of the bins, sometimes I chuck them in the hedgerow in case the seeds
might grow.