Posted to alt.food.diabetic
T[_8_] T[_8_] is offline

Default ping Ian: secret ingredient

On 08/16/2015 08:50 AM, Ian Field wrote:

> "T" > wrote in message ...

>>> Now I'm wondering what mischief I can get up to with a pile of hot
>>> chilli seeds!

>> Chuckle!
>>
>> Grind them up! Throw the powder on your lawn. It
>> makes a excellent cat repellent.

> Apparently; if you spice the food put out for the birds - it stops the
> squirrels pinching it.

Perfect! I read that birds are not affected by hot peppers.
This one I have got to remember!

> Cats don't like the oil in orange peel - I believe there's commercial
> cat repellents based on that.

When I first bought this house, a section of my rocks in my front
yard was a cat toilet. So I racked back the rocks, put down
the nastiest cayenne pepper I could find, then racked the rocks
back over it. No more cat poo in my yard ever since.

When the cat clears an area to do his deed, he gets the
powder on his paws. This burn him. So, he sticks his
paw into his mouth. Now his mouth burns. Next thing you
know "Mr. Darcey" makes that loud cat noise, off he goes,
and he NEVER comes back. And, it does not permanent damage
to Mr. Darcey. This is the origin of the term "Cat's Tongue",
meaning you have no tolerance for hot spices.