Posted to rec.food.preserving
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Salt, salt, salt (not Jimmy Buffett)

On 8/14/2015 11:59 AM, George Shirley wrote:

> Just back from a visit to the stupor market, egad! canning jars and lids
> at retail are ridiculous. Probably by mid-October both will be heavily
> discounted. I don't need any as I have about eight dozen jars of varying
> sizes up to half gallon. I AM NOT A HOARDER, no matter what my wife and
> children say.

I used to get some good deals on jars in thrift stores. No longer.
Most places now want $1 apiece. I've stopped going to thrift stores.
There are no longer bargains or exceptional "finds" like silver or
pewter or even real Corningware. Bah, humbug.

gloria p