Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Loire, Saar, Savigny (blanc), more

Tuesday was rainy, for our first indoor dinner in a week we had cod braised in a chipotle/chickpea broth with kale, wine was the 2013 Zilliken Ockfener Bockstein Kabinett. Bright, lime popsicle with floral notes, sweet but with racy acids. B+

Last night was a lovely summer eve, we went to weekly concert at Estherwood, carrying lobster/tarragon salad, sauteed romanesco, duck, canteloupe, and sopressata. Friends shared ceviche, slaw, and more. We all shared wine as well (and one good cider which I neglected to note)

2007 Cazin Cour-Cheverny
Lovely, a pointe, fresh saline and lemon flavors, nice finish. B+/A-

2012 L'Escart (Cotes des Bdx)
100% cab franc, some plum and tobacco, a bit unripe, green and a little short. Others liked C+/B-

2013 Trimbach Riesling
Dry, snappy, tart grapefruit. B

2006 Chapoutier Meysonniers Crozes-Hermitage
Overripe Syrah, a bit stewed, no apparent oak at least. Others liked. C+

2007 Bize "les Vergelesses" Savigny-les-Beaune 1er
No oxidation, fresh and lively. Citrus, green apple, earth and the lightest hintmof hazelnut. Full, long, great match with the lobster. A-/B+

2014 Pepiere "La Pepie" Rose
Dark color, fresh berries, herby, fun. Not complicated, but who needs complicated rose? B

2014 L'Enclos Rose (Cotes de Gascogne)
Light, a little soft, innocuous. B-/C+

Fun fun night