Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default ping Ian: secret ingredient

"T" > wrote in message ...
> On 08/10/2015 09:12 AM, Ian Field wrote:

>>> Bummer!
>>>
>>> Can you take a "tiny" amount?
>>>
>>> The idea is to put only a little in such that the change is
>>> almost not perceptible. It just accelerated the flavors from
>>> the other ingredients. A kind of non-toxic MSG.

>> The other day I found a not that far out of date tin of tomato soup that
>> needed using up sooner rather than later.
>>
>> Plenty of salt and a good squirt of Crucials Sauces Hot Stuff chilli
>> sauce. That didn't cause a problem, but last time I bought chilli
>> powder, I got extra hot - I have to be very careful not to use much!

> We are lucky here in that we have several Mexican Supermarkets
> (Mexico is out southern neighbor). They have about 15 varieties
> of dried peppers.

We have the Palo (Asian) Indian grocers, they recently moved and so far I've
only found the new location just so I know where it is.

Usually I only go there for a few items I can't get anywhere else, and
they're not everyday shopping list bits.

They're now opposite a supermarket that I visit more often, so I should
probably make a habit of looking in there for some of the staple foods.