Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 8:30:26 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

> > >Bruce is the one that said it tastes like Goat poo. hahaha
> > >
> > >Correct me if wrong but I get the impression that vegemite is
> > >something like a chocolate flavored spread served on toast, crackers,
> > >or whatever. And people feed this to their kids for breakfast? I
> > >sounds so nasty to me.

> > Not like chocolate. Staying away from uncouth comparisons, I'd say
> > more like motor oil.

> LOL! They do sell this stuff in my grocery store now. About $5.00
> usd. It's almost tempting to try but it would probably be a waste of
> money????

I didn't see Bruce's entire reply (I'm a Google Groups troglodyte
and he's got "no archive" set), but the chocolate stuff is Nutella.

I would have guessed that Vegemite and Marmite both taste something
like Worcestershire sauce, with a component that's yeasty or tastes
like feet. Motor oil came as a surprise.

Cindy Hamilton