Xyzsch

>I think the time is to create the anti-tip, pro decent wages, pro fair trade
>in America. After all the US is said to be the main defender of a good and
>perfect competition (that would include perfect information and no hidden
>fees (tips))

Ricardo

I don't see how there is hidden information here. All parties know what's going
on. Wait-service is willing to work for less because they know they will be
tipped if they provide reasonable service, and customers know that workers
depend on tips for their livlihood.

If the whole system seems dishonest, restaurants could include on their menus
and signs "Price of meal includes an equal of gratuity". These restaurants
would pay their wait-service a higher wage than others.

It's like comparing a $350/mo apartment without heat with a $400/mo apartment
with heat included. (Wyoming rental rates, not New York) Everyone knows that
the extra $50 pays for heat.

Tom Schellberg