M&M

On 21-Aug-2004, bbq > wrote:

> >>You can always change the ticket reservations directly through the
> >>airline. It isn't free, but it's only a $50 to $75 (depending on
> >>airline) fee, plus any difference in price between the fares.
> >>
> >>I've done it many times. Doesn't matter if the tickets were bought
> >>online.
> >>
> >>-- Kevin

> > I tried that Kevin. American Airlines could not even find the reservation.
> > I called the number on the back of my credit card and lo and behold
> > they took care of it. They immediately posted a credit to my account
> > for the full amount. (Bank Of America). It looks like I will be on time
> > for the do do at Daves new BBQ joint.
> >

> I would suggest NOT going so fast and getting another reservation right
> away. As I understand it, when you file a dispute the other
> party(travelocity) does have 30 days or so to respond to your dispute.
>
> It is standard procedure for credit card companies to post an immediate
> credit when filing a dispute. If the credit card company determines
> that the dispute is valid(after reviewing the response from the other
> party), the credit is permanent. If they decide the dispute is not
> valid, then the charge goes back to your card.
>
> So wait a bit and check with BofA on the progress of your dispute. I
> think most credit card companies are willing to bend over backwards for
> your business and will do whatever they can to help you. But in the end,
> it is the agreement between you and the travel company that provides the
> evidence that BofA will use to determine 'who is right'. OTH, maybe the
> travel company will not respond, because they got all of their tickets
> sold for your dates of travel and have no loss of revenue. If this
> happens, you win by default.
> Good Luck.
>
> Happy Q'en,
> BBQ

This is way OT, but bbq is right. Bank Of America told me something just
like he said. Frankly I can't see BOA arbitrarily eating the mistake. OTOH,
maybe Travelocity will unbend a little. In the real world, business dates are
subject to change too. Total inflexibility can't be good for business.

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")