Nancy Young

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> > Then again, I didn't know what pu pu platter was, either. Different
> > restaurant.

> IIRC the pu pu platter has a better pedigree - it was first dreamed up by
> the owner of Trader Vic's years ago as a "Polynesian" specialty. If he had
> really wanted to be authentic he would have served taro root, Spam, and
> Uncle Ben's rice with gravy, all of which are staples of "South Seas"
> cuisine, lol.....

Heh. Well, I used to go to this place, they had the best pu pu and
the best Zombies and Lobster Cantonese. At the end they'd give you
pineapple. I cannot care less if anyone snickers.

The ribs! the chicken, the shrimp toast. The beef skewers.

I'd love to see them come back. Those were the days.

nancy