Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gluten-Free Foods are no Healthier Than Regular Foods, Study Finds

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 07/07/2015 5:34 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Ever since that guy wrote "Wheat Belly".
>>> Graham

>> I personally don't have any food intolerences. But if I did I wouldn't
>> try to find excuses not to eat something that bothers me. Gluten,
>> carbs, whatever. If it doesn't agree with me, I don't eat it. It
>> doesn't have to become a fad. It's just common sense.
>>
>> Jill

> Of course people who praise the fad because it seems to work for them,
> don't seem to realise that they have been taking much greater care over
> their diets and the quantities they eat. It's that care and not the
> absence of gluten that has made them feel better.
> Graham

I don't know about that. I do know of some people online who are quite
adamant about gluten free. It worked for them, so it must work for
everyone! They will even tell me that when I did eat gluten free, I must
have been doing it wrong! I have no reason to believe that I need to be on
that diet. Allergy and intolerance testing showed nothing in that regard
and I have had endoscopies and a colonoscopy. They were done while I was
eating gluten so if there was damaged villi, it would have shown up.

I do know that people can have issues with a certain food for no known
reason. Garlic is one such for me. I can eat a small amount but the
garlicky dinner that I made tonight would send me doubled over with stomach
pains if I were to eat it. I made that chicken recipe that someone here
posted and also garlic rice. Will report back if the chicken is liked. It
does look and smell like it will be at least by my husband. Angela is being
super picky tonight and nothing is appealing to her. I am being the same
but will make spaghetti for myself. This heat is just zapping our
appetites.