Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Fine for AC

On 7/4/2015 9:07 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

> Quite a different story. Anyway, the residents knew the rule,
> they bought the wrong kind of A/C anyway. So if enough residents
> don't like the rule, they need to get together, figure out how to
> change the rule, and do that.
>
> Or get the kind of a/c permitted and retain the nice appearance
> of their development.
>
> nancy

Yea, but. . .

While you are technically correct, the circumstances are a bit unusual.
Hotter than normal weather hit the area. AC was not needed in that
area in the past. The portable type of AC may not have been readily
available at the time.

Are you going to deny comfort to an 85 year old resident that is able to
get a $150 room AC for relief? I bet a few residents could get a doctor
to claim it was an emergency medical necessity.

I'd stick it in a back window and screw the HOA. OTOH, I'd never live in
a place with an HOA in the first place.