Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Fine for AC

"The Other Guy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 20:04:30 -0500, DreadfulBitch
> > wrote:
>
>>On 7/3/2015 7:04 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I really can't believe this! Auburn (city near here) residents will be
>>> fined $30 per day if they use window AC.
>>>
>>> http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/mess...and-you/nmq6s/
>>>

>>A perfect example of a HOA running amok.

> Here in California, we are in an extreme drought situation.
> The State has mandated extreme conservation measures, and
> many cities are trying to get people to replace grass lawns
> with drought tolerant landscaping, OR artificial turf.
>
> Some HOAs were fining home-owners for replacing their lawns.
> It went so far that the State passed a law prohibiting them
> from fining people. Just signed by the Governor a day ago.
>
> http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video/#!/...awns/276226541

The first artificial turf I saw outside of a sports area or driving range
was in CA. Some people here are looking into that because we too have
drought.

When we were house hunting, we saw a house near here that had no lawn
whatever in the back. Just a series of plantings, cement and rocks. My
husband liked it because he wouldn't have to mow much. The front yard was
small and mostly cement. I guess if done right, things like that can look
nice. I just didn't think this did. House was owned by an elderly German
couple and there were lawn gnomes everywhere. And with Angela being little,
I wanted a place for her to play.