Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Default Currant cake question

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Wed, 4
Feb 2004 03:08:33 -0700, during the rec.food.baking Community News
Flash Eric Jorgensen > reported:

>On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 08:55:55 +0200
>Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady > wrote:
>
>> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
>> On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:41:15 GMT, (Seppo
>> Sipil?) wrote:
>>
>> >Hi all, I'm translating Roald Dahl's memoirs and got stuck with
>> >"currant cake". As "currant" has two meanings (berries and raisins),
>> >I don't know which one is correct.
>> >

>> I'd go with the raisins, since it makes sense that they would be in a
>> cake that needed to travel well.

> The currants i know and love

While this was fascinating (it really, really was, actually), let's
not forget that the person just needed to know what is close for him
to use when translating the word.

(I was speaking as a writer, not a baker in this sense!)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
< davida at jdc dot org dot il >