Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Threats to bananas now:(

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 10:17:50 -0600, La Mirada > wrote:

> Do you watch Martin Yan's Vietnam program on PBS?

Rarely anymore, but he was appointment television 30 years ago when my
DD was young because she absolutely LOVED watching him.

> He had a beautiful banana recipe that looks delicious:
>
> http://yancancook.com/recipes/Salads..._blossom_salad
>
> The blossoms are actually immature bananas that are peeled away from within:
>
> http://www.thekitchn.com/ingredient-...nana-bl-120394
>
> If you've ever seen a banana tree, perhaps you have noticed the
> teardrop-shaped purple flower at the end of the banana fruit cluster.

I know they can grow in certain parts of this city. I remember one
tree in particular, but didn't go past it very often and don't recall
ever seeing blossoms - just the fruit.

--

sf