Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roy[_2_] Roy[_2_] is offline

Default Why canned food is not as good as fresh

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 11:01:41 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/19/2015 9:06 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2015-05-18 10:13 PM, wrote:
> >
> >> It's quite safe inside a house if you're only heating something up for
> >> a few minutes.
> >>

> > Feel free to do so. I would not use one in a house. Carbon Monoxide is a
> > silent killer. They are for outdoor use only.
> >

> There are various Colman stoves, some propane, some liquid fuel.
>
> I would not hesitate to use the propane indoors. We cook with propane
> indoors all the time with our regular range, as to millions of other
> people.
>
> The liquid I'm not so sure. First is the handling of liquid fuel. It
> should only be refilled outdoors away from any structure. In an
> emergency, I may use it for a short time as we do have CO detectors, but
> I'd be inclined to go with propane.

Absolutely, we used mantle lamps for years indoors...no problem.
As long as the camp-stoves are working properly there should be no problem.
I know we used them occasionally on the farm. I wouldn't use them for a
protracted period of time though.
========