Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Why canned food is not as good as fresh

On 5/19/2015 9:06 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-05-18 10:13 PM, wrote:
>
>> It's quite safe inside a house if you're only heating something up for
>> a few minutes.
>>

> Feel free to do so. I would not use one in a house. Carbon Monoxide is a
> silent killer. They are for outdoor use only.

There are various Colman stoves, some propane, some liquid fuel.

I would not hesitate to use the propane indoors. We cook with propane
indoors all the time with our regular range, as to millions of other
people.

The liquid I'm not so sure. First is the handling of liquid fuel. It
should only be refilled outdoors away from any structure. In an
emergency, I may use it for a short time as we do have CO detectors, but
I'd be inclined to go with propane.