Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Why canned food is not as good as fresh

"Janet" > wrote in message
t...

> Julie wrote
>
>> > Yes! You never know when someone might get sick or go into the
>> > hospital.
>> > In some cases you'll be stuck at home with them or going to the
>> > hospital
>> > so often there is no time to go buy food.

> Where I live, that's the last problem anyone has in that situation.
> Their main problem is answering the phone/door to all the people
> bringing food they made, offering to do shopping housework and laundry,
> cook meals, walk the dog etc.

What? People come to the door bringing food that they made? Hahaha. *I*
am pretty much the only person I know around here who makes food. Some of
my friends do cook but they don't live anywhere near me. In fact none of my
friends live way out over here. In fact the only one in my circle of people
who could possibly do any of that stuff is my one SIL who has to take care
of her mom who is elderly and can't be left alone for long. I did have to
impose on her sometimes when I had the foot trauma last year. If she hadn't
taken me to the hospital for the second time, I likely wouldn't be here
today.

Everyone else I know either works or does not drive any more so couldn't get
out even if they wanted to. Or simply wouldn't drive all the way over here.
I don't happen to think that my place is hard to find but a lot of people
do. Including such people as plumbers and delivery people. You'd think in
this day and age, everyone would have a GPS but they don't.