Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ikea

On 2015-04-27 2:37 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:39:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> The two companies I've worked for for the past 30 years have no unions,
>> but we treat the people well, pay a fair wage, we give them good
>> benefits and a safe working environment.

> If more companies were like that, there would be no need to unionize.

I lived in a city with auto parts manufacturing. GM workers were
unionized and often went on strike for better pay and benefits. Another
local plant was non union. They kept their workers happy by giving
them close to what GM workers were getting, and the workers were happy
not to have to pay union dues and not to have to go on strike. It
worked well for them as long as GM was raising the bar.