Thread: Ikea
View Single Post
  #299 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster

Default Ikea

Julie, The Ancestry.com DNA test will tell you if you have native blood, but not the tribe. It will also give you a list of all your cousins who have also taken the test. It doesn't give you their names but there is a way of reaching them through Ancestry.com. It usually costs $99 but is now on sale for $79. The test, however, does not say which of your ethnicities are maternal or paternal. I was able to figure it out by finding the ethnicity of my first cousin who had also taken the test. As she is a cousin on my mother's side, I figured all of the countries that matched mine are maternal and the rest were paternal. It's funny but my mother always told me when I was really young that her side of the family used to be very rich and were from Spain. I had somewhat forgotten about that when my results said I am 23%
from Spain. I wonder what happened to the money. My parents both died when I was a teenager so I can't ask them about any of this. I guess the Irish is on my dad's side. My son married into a big Irish family.

Denise in NH