Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] sockmonkeyNH@comcast.net is offline

Default Ikea

Julie, The Ancestry.com DNA test will tell you if you have native blood, but not the tribe. It will also give you a list of all your cousins who have also taken the test. It doesn't give you their names but there is a way of reaching them through Ancestry.com. It usually costs $99 but is now on sale for $79. The test, however, does not say which of your ethnicities are maternal or paternal. I was able to figure it out by finding the ethnicity of my first cousin who had also taken the test. As she is a cousin on my mother's side, I figured all of the countries that matched mine are maternal and the rest were paternal. It's funny but my mother always told me when I was really young that her side of the family used to be very rich and were from Spain. I had somewhat forgotten about that when my results said I am 23%
from Spain. I wonder what happened to the money. My parents both died when I was a teenager so I can't ask them about any of this. I guess the Irish is on my dad's side. My son married into a big Irish family.

Denise in NH