Posted to rec.food.cooking
W. Lohman W. Lohman is offline

Default Ikea

On 4/27/2015 11:45 AM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:13:33 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:

>>> I worked in places without unions and I worked in places with unions.
>>> Working conditions in union shops were much better, and so was the
>>> money. I suppose we should all be happy that so much of our
>>> manufacturing is now being done off shore where workers toil for peanuts
>>> in order for CEOs to justify their multimillion dollar salaries.

>> Union shops did such a wonderful job with the American auto industry
>> that it almost went tits up.
>>

> Ah - yes, of course, I see the light now. Unions were single handedly
> responsible for the miserable failure of *American* automobile design

Design wasn't really a problem,

Job banks and mediocre build quality however were.

> (when the same set of American designers were perfectly capable of
> designing cars for foreign manufacturers that were well engineered and
> looked great), to say nothing of poor quality control.

Ah yes, "poor quality control" = poor union labor practices, thank you.

> Then there was
> their refusal to modernize, insisting on continuing the outdated
> practice of one man installing one item on a cars 8 hours a day, which
> was the equivalent of you sitting at the computer and hitting one
> single solitary key all day long. You're so right.

I am indeed, now it's all about the robots.

I guess we do have slavery in America after all!

> It's all the unions fault.

The UAW and Fanuc?

Mmm hmm...

http://www.uaw-chrysler.com/training...ions111512.pdf

Course Description
This course is intended for all skilled trades personnel that are
responsible for
programming & maintaining the FANUC R-30iA controller.
Learning Outcome
Completion of this course will provide the trainee with the knowledge
and skills required
to operate and maintain the FANUC R-30iA controller.
Major Topics Covered
• Safely start, stop, and shut down the FANUC-30iA robot in local and remote
operation, including safely moving the robot using the teach pendant.

> Those poor executives in the corporate offices were
> just victims of a vicious union scheme to destroy the American
> automobile industry

Nah, they just made it per unit unprofitable compared to Korean cars and
other imports.

Deal.

> so union workers could give up decent paying jobs
> and live off public assistance. Yeah, that's it.

Is that a union-made straw man?

> Defend your Right-to-Work because no one else will!

Defend union slavery, and automaker bailouts.