Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Is there a way to slice meat thinly as luncheon meat at home?

On 4/22/15 1:33 AM, Danny D. wrote:

> Anyone slice their own luncheon meat thinly at home?
> What tool do you use?

Some chefs recommend a chef's knife for meat, but their slices don't
look thin to me.

To slice meat thinly, I use a knife with a thin blade. The one I have
doesn't take or hold an edge like my chef's knife, but it beats my
chef's knife for slicing meat.

If you look at ham slicing knives at amazon, they'll show you lots. Some
have a Granton edge. I've read that's good for slicing meat thin.