Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mini stuffed peppers

I'll be making this for dinner. Was cleaning out the freezer and have some
cooked ground beef to use up. And Central Market has the mini peppers on
sale. The recipe is from Trisha Yearwood. I have not tried any of her
recipes before.

Basically it is cooked ground beef, cooked rice, cooked sweet onion, garlic,
salt and pepper, mixed and stuff into the peppers that have been cut
lengthwise. I have two bowls of frozen cooked rice that I bought when we
had the flu. They're PF Chang's so not the kind of rice I would normally
use for this but it's going in there as I need the freezer space.

The stuffed peppers go in a baking dish then are covered with Rotel
(tomatoes and chilies) then cooked at 400 degrees F, covered with foil for
20 min. She then tops hers with grated cheese. I will only do that for
those who eat cheese. Then uncovered for 5 min.